Ping pong offers plenty of health benefits. It is no wonder that the city of Columbiana has really supported this sport. In the 2016 county obstacle challenge, Columbiana teams featured. In one of the reports on the environmental scan of co-curricular programs in Washington schools, it is reported a commitment to financially support the sports activities in broad categories which included ping pong. Categorically, Ping pong is now receiving support from authorities perhaps because of its health benefits as discussed below:
- Ping pong develops mental alertness and acuity. The accurate placement, spinning, and speeding is crucial in ping pong. It requires sharpness in mind and brain to play well. This undoubtedly sharpens mental prowess.
- Ping pong also burns calories in the body. Considering the fact that the sport is very entertaining and addictive, it greatly helps in the burning of calories. A person weighing 150 pounds can lose up to 272 calories in an hour of ping pong play.
- Ping pong also improves hand and eye coordination, because playing the game requires concentration and tactical planning that boosts psycho-motor skills. This game is suitable for both young and old. the young will sharpen their reflexes and older for physical therapy.
- ping pong is also important in strengthening joints. Knee and back problems will be a thing of the past if a person plays ping pong. Ping pong will improve your legs and arms.
- Ping pong is a socializing game. It offers a social outlet and an opportunity to cement your friendship and relationship with others. Because young and old can play together, the young can benefit from the experiences of the old. Young people will find mentors and role models to shape their views on life. At the family level, playing ping pong will help parent-children relations as well as siblings and improved game
- Ping pong also sharpens the brain. Clinical studies in Japan shows that ping pong, to a large, extent increases the flow of blood to the brain.
- It also improves balance. While playing ping pong, staying balanced and having the ability to change direction quickly, helps in improving balance especially for the elderly.
- Ping pong also stimulates various parts of the brain. In anticipating the opponent’s move, you use the front part of the brain. The quicken breathing due to the rigorous physical activity of the game stimulates the hippocampus part of the brain that is linked to memory.
To conclude, it is paramount to make lifestyle choices that keep you mentally, physically and socially alive. Even for the elderly, it is crucial that they engage in rigorous physical activities as this will boost their health. The city of Columbiana mayor and city council should see to it that resources, information, and facilities are available both to institutions and the community so that people can live healthily. As a matter of fact, the enlightened citizenry is important especially in making informed choices when it comes to their health. Several people in the world today, and the city of Columbiana being no exception, due to weighing and related cause. Obesity is on the rise and this has lead to cardiovascular problems which can be solved by exercising.